As a Youth Ambassador you will be involved with the community, youth-led initiatives, and other partnerships*. Youth Ambassadors interact with their peers and community, volunteering their time and showcasing their skills.
What are the benefits? Youth Ambassadors will have the opportunity to:
- Get trained in teaching, tutoring, and coaching (effective communication through storytelling, using digital tools, presentation skills, teaching theories and practices)
- Possess job readiness training
- Become a future leader of the new generation (obtain leadership skills- critical thinking, coaching for success, interpersonal skills, and mindfulness)
- Help out your community (skills application/ community service)
- Obtain certificates (first aid, food safe, and simplified financial literacy)
- Obtain weekly training allowance for eligible participants
- Must be between 15-25 years old, and is either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be unemployed or precariously employed.
- Participants must not currently be attending other federally or provincially funded programs.
- Participants receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or Income Assistance (IA) benefits (e.g. CERB, CESB) must obtain approval from Service Canada before participating.
The program is currently closed!
We are not accepting applications at this time.